Resources for Talking to Kids About Race & Racism
Here at Positive Parenting Solutions, it has always been our mission to help families thrive and help parents achieve “parenting peace.”
Our business is built on education — we know that when parents are equipped with effective tools, they can become the parents they always knew they could be, and our world becomes a better place.
Now more than ever, we have an opportunity and an obligation to further our education on the difficult topics of race and racism–for the sake of our kids, ourselves, and our world.
Below is a list of resources that may help you and your family — from how to talk to kids about racism and the disturbing images they may have seen — to books parents can read to educate themselves — to book recommendations for kids.
Resources For Talking to Your Kids:
- Social Justice Parenting: How to Raise Compassionate, Anti-Racist, Justice-Minded Kids in an Unjust World
- How to Talk to Kids About Racism and Protests: An Age-by-Age Guide
- How White Parents Can Talk to Their Kids About Race
- How do We Teach our Children Anti-Racism? These Resources Will Help
- How to Talk About Race With Kids
- How to Help Kids Process Disturbing Images and Videos
Books For Parents to Read:
Books For Kids:
- How to Talk to Kids About Race: Books & Resources That Can Help
- Books About Race & Ethnicity
- 20 Children’s Books to Spark Conversations About Race + Tolerance
- Books to Help School-Aged Children Understand Racism
Please know we are here for you. We continue to wish you peace — peace in your home, your community, and the world.
What You Should Do Next:
1. Subscribe to my Newsletter:
Sign up for my newsletter for parenting tips to help you create a happier home and become the parent you always wanted to be. Plus, when you subscribe, I'll also send you a copy of our strategy-packed guide 10 Tips for Better Behavior – Starting NOW!
2. Register for my FREE 60-Minute Class:
Register for my free class called How to Get Kids to Listen, Without Nagging, Yelling or Losing Control. Classes run several times per week but I recommend you register early, as spaces are limited.
3. Enroll in my 7-Step Parenting Success System® Course
Enroll now in my proven 7-step system for busy parents ready for change (it's rated 5 stars on Google). Plus, for a limited time, save 10% plus get a FREE upgrade on all plans—completely risk-free and with lifetime access.